Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Lunch Next Door

I know some of you (probably Dad) are tired of hearing about “Edward” and some of you may find it the topic that brings you back to check my posts, and some of you may not care either way, but only see it as pathetic. Well, it is what it is. So today Angela and I went to graze at the buffet and scout out the help at the hotel next door. No sign of “Edward.” By dessert I decided to just throw in the towel and I asked our server if Hollywood discovered our “Edward” (only I used his real name) – did he not work there any more? She didn’t understand who I was talking about and asked which one? There was more than one?? No no, we said, the one who looks like “Edward” from “Twilight.” “Who?” she asked. Whoa…she doesn’t know?! Then it clicked and she said, “Oh you mean So and So the Assistant General Manager?” I said, “He’s a general manager?! Did he graduate college? He looks so young!” She just laughed. I felt like grabbing her shoulders and shaking her and saying, “I want answers!” But of course, I am too non-stalkerish and don’t believe in violence. So I smiled sweetly. She said, “He still works here. I saw him yesterday.” I said, “Please don’t tell anyone I asked.” She smiled, “Oh no, I won’t.” I can guarantee she did as soon as we left, though. Wouldn’t you? Why can’t I keep my mouth shut? Guess I won’t be going back for another two months. Three. Okay, maybe I’ll be back next week….it’s a really good lunch buffet.

1 comment: