Wednesday, August 26, 2009

God Bless Look-A-Likes

I have been debating whether or not to post this blog, for fear of embarrassing myself, but what the hey. Life is for living. My co-worker and I ate lunch with Edward Cullen today! :) Okay, so it wasn't really with Edward, since he is a fictional character and it wasn't really with Rob Pattinson (since I don't live in Hollywood or Forks). And while I am thinking of it, it wasn't really that we ate with him, sorta of just that we ate in the same restaurant as him. :)

My friend "discovered" him about two months ago when she worked with him at an event our company had at the hotel next door to our building. She came back and told me this guy who works there looks exactly like Edward. (We LOVE the Twilight series-- with the exception of Breaking Dawn.) I really thought he might sort of look like him, but let's be real...exactly? That might be a stretch. So here we go, walking over the round-a-bout way through the lobby by the front desk like two teenage girls trying to get a glimpse of their heartthrob. We barely walked in the lobby and were greeted by...of all people Edward! Let's just say, even though he did not have Rob's height or British accent, he looked exactly like him and his mannerisms are like Rob's too. Because I am so used to seeing this face on screen, it was like this person wasn't really standing in front of me talking to us and I almost burst out telling my friend, "You were right, he does look like Edward!" Thankfully I restrained myself to only smiling like a goon. He was so pleasant and nice and cheerful. He told us the specials and to enjoy our lunch. When we got up to the restaurant and sat down, I start giggling like a thirteen year old. I just saw Edward. My friend asked if I heard what the specials were. I said, "Are you kidding? All I heard was chocolate cake and Edward."

So we ate our lunch and "Edward" came up and ate his lunch (with two of his co-workers, so sad for us) but when we were eating our chocolate cake, Edward came by to say hi and talked for a couple minutes.

Wow what a day. :)

So God bless the look-a-likes and God bless those of us lucky enough to eat lunch in their hotel.
Sigh,
Victoria

1 comment: